Thursday 12 June 2014

THREE

THREES:  (The Achiever; The Worker) “Work is more than fun.”
THREES at their BEST are: optimistic, confident, industrious, efficient, self-propelled, energetic, practical.
THREES at their WORST are: deceptive, narcissistic, pretentious, vain, superficial, vindictive, overly-competitive.

HOW TO GET ALONG WITH ME:
 Leave me alone when I am doing my work; Give me honest, but not unduly critical or judgmental feedback; Help me keep my environment harmonious and peaceful; Don’t burden me with negative emotions; Tell me you like being around me; Tell me when you’re proud of me or my accomplishments.

RELATIONSHIPS:
THREES are at their BEST when they value and accept their partners. They are playful, giving, responsible, and well regarded by others in the community. THREES are at their WORST when they are preoccupied with work and projects. They are self-absorbed, defensive, impatient, dishonest, and controlling.

WHAT I LIKE ABOUT BEING A THREE:
• Being optimistic, friendly, and upbeat
• Providing well for my family
• Being able to recover quickly from setbacks and to charge ahead into the next challenge
• Staying informed, knowing what’s going on
• Being competent and able to get things to work efficiently
• Being able to motivate people

WHAT’S HARD ABOUT BEING A THREE:
• Having to put up with inefficiency and incompetence
• The fear of not being – or of not being seen as – successful
• Comparing myself to people who do things better
• Struggling to hang on to my success
• Putting on facades in order to impress people
• Always being “on”. It’s exhausting

PRACTICAL SUGGESTIONS;
• Make the time for doing some of the activities you value aside form work or school
• Reduce stress by appreciating and accepting your present level of success
• Try to become more aware of your real desires and preferences
• When writing your weekly schedule, include time for hanging out with friends and family
• Do volunteer work, where you give to others purely for the sake of giving.
• Try to stick to who you really are. Threes sometimes try to win people over by changing colors like a chameleon
• Notice undesirable traits in yourself.
• Allow yourself to be vulnerable: express your hurt and disappointment

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work-Life- Balance