Thursday 12 June 2014

SIX


SIXES (“The QUESTIONER” “THE LOYALIST”) “I’VE DEVELOPED A NEW PHILOSOPHY – I ONLY DREAD ONE DAY AT A TIME”
SIXES are motivated by the need for security. Phobic SIXES are outwardly fearful and seek approval. Counter-phobic SIXES confront their fear. Both of these aspects can appear in the same person.
SIXES at their BEST are loyal, likable, caring, warm, compassionate, witty, practical, helpful, responsible.
SIXES at their WORST are hyper-vigilant, controlling, unpredictable, judgmental, paranoid, defensive, rigid, self-defeating, testy

HOW TO GET ALONG WITH ME:
Be direct and clear; Listen to me carefully; don’t judge me for my anxiety; work things through with me; reassure me that everything is OK; laugh and make jokes with me; GENTLY push me toward new experiences; try not to overreact to my overreacting.

RELATIONSHIPS:
SIXES at their BEST are warm, playful, open, loyal, supportive, honest, fair, and reliable.
SIXES at their WORST are suspicious, controlling, inflexible, and sarcastic. They either withdraw or put on a tough act when threatened.

WHAT I LIKE ABOUT BEING A SIX:
• Being committed and faithful to family and friends
• Being responsible and hardworking
• Being compassionate towards others
• Having intellect and wit
For Counter-phobics:
• Being a nonconformist
• Confronting danger bravely
WHAT’S HARD ABOUT BEING A SIX:
• The constant push and pull involved in trying to make up my mind
• Procrastinating because of fear of failure; having little confidence in myself
• Fearing being abandoned or take advantage of
• Exhausting myself by worrying and scanning for danger
• Wishing I had a rule book at work so I could do everything right
• Being too critical of myself when I haven’t lived up to my expectations

PRACTICAL SUGGESTIONS FOR SIXES:
• Try to be around people who are accepting, trustworthy, and encouraging
• Really notice and try to believe the positive things that people say about you
• Keep I mind that you CAN change and overcome your fears and learn to take action in the presence of fear
• Remember that there is no one “right” way to live, as long as you are satisfied inside yourself with what you are doing
• Pat yourself on the back. Don’t wait for someone else to tell you  that you did well.
• Write and talk to yourself in nurturing and caring ways
• Remember it is OK to make mistakes
• Sixes are likely to overreact when stressed. Don’t underestimate the negative effect this can have on people.
• Be patient when others moved at their own pace rather than at yours

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work-Life- Balance