Thursday 12 June 2014

FIVE

FIVES: (“The Observer” “ The Thinker”) “ You can observe a lot just by watching”
FIVES are motivated by the need to know and understand everything, to be self-sufficient, and to avoid looking foolish.
FIVES at their BEST are: analytical, persevering, sensitive, wise, objective, perceptive, self-contained.
FIVES at their WORST are: intellectually arrogant, stingy, stubborn, distant, critical of others, unassertive, negative

HOW TO GET ALONG WITH ME:
Be independent, not clingy; Speak in a straightforward and brief manner; I need time alone to process my feelings and thoughts; Remember that if I seem aloof, distant, or arrogant, it MAY be that I am feeling uncomfortable; Make me feel welcome, but not too intensely, or I might doubt your sincerity; If I become irritated when I have to repeat things, it may be because it was such an effort to get my thoughts out in the first place; Don’t come on like a bulldozer; Help me to avoid my pet peeves: big parties, other people’s loud music; overdone emotions and intrusions on my privacy.

RELATIONSHIPS:
FIVES at their BEST are kind, perceptive, open-minded, self-sufficient and trustworthy. FIVES at their WORST are contentious, suspicious, withdrawn, and negative. They are on their guard against being engulfed.

WHAT I LIKE ABOUT BEING A FIVE:
• Standing back and viewing life objectively
• Coming to a thorough understanding; perceiving causes and effects
• My sense of integrity: doing what I think is right and not being influenced by social pressure
• Not being caught up in material possessions and status
• Being calm in a crisis

WHAT’S HARD ABOUT BEING A FIVE:
• Being slow to put my knowledge and insights out in the world
• Feeling bad when I act defensive or like a know-it-all
• Being pressured to be with people when I don’t want to be
• Watching others with better social skills, but less intelligence or technical skill, do better professionally
• Having trouble expressing some of my thoughts succinctly

PRACTICAL SUGGESTIONS FOR THE FIVE:
• Take risks and speak up, even if you fear appearing foolish. Emulate some others yo know what are not afraid to put their foot in their mouth
• Become more active by taking up creative or sports activities
• Value being in the present
• Go for psychotherapy or body work to learn to express your feelings
• Let others know when they are important to you
• When you feel the tendency to give to others, go ahead and do it.
• Ask for what you want, including the setting of limits

No comments:

Post a Comment

Work-Life- Balance